Thursday, March 1, 2012

Incoherent Mumblings

It's been a while since I've posted and that's mostly because there hasn't been much to report on.  The world of online dating hasn't had much to offer lately.  I had another first date 2 weeks ago with Yoo-hoo, a perfectly normal 32 year old working in the internet industry.  We had exchanged some emails, had one awkward phone conversation, and set out to meet for dinner on a Wednesday night.  It was a typical first date full on conversation about our jobs, travels, families, and upbringings.  He was nice, however when the conversation shifted to religion it was very clear that we had differing views.  It was a fine dinner with a gentle hug good-bye in the parking lot and we parted ways.  I'm becoming a semi-pro at first dates!

In other more entertaining online dating news, this morning I received a voice-mail from none other than our favorite Crate-and-Barrel kissing friend Merlot!  I was the recipient of a drunk dial!  The message consisted of a 'Hello Dear,' a confession of being drunk, some incoherent mumblings, a request to talk, and a 'well, see you later.'  It offered me a good laugh to start my Thursday and sadly for him, I'm not going to respond.  Do real people respond to drunk dials?

This adventure is quickly coming to a close.  It was fun while it lasted, but the thrill of the ride has faded away.  I've only checked every 4 or 5 days for the last few weeks and haven't had communication with anyone.  Online dating is a weird world, but I'm glad that I ventured in again, sure makes for a good winter hobby.  Here's to 11 more days and then onto the adventure of real world dating! J

No comments:

Post a Comment