Friday, February 24, 2012

Xanga post!

I don't know what the fads were when you were in high school, but for me (M) Xanga was definitely a part of that awkward transition from adolescence into... adolescence. For those who don't know, Xanga was, back in the day, an online "journal" of sorts. People used them to vent their young adult angst. And really, part of being a sophomore in high school is being hopelessly in love (JK but seriously...) so the majority of posts revolved around all the reasons he and I are perfect for each other. So this is about as close as you are going to get into looking into my online diary.

Now, I am not hopelessly in love. Let's just establish that right now. But, I've found someone I actually like. To be honest, he (Mango Smoothie) got me from the first email. As I said in the last post, we exchanged a few emails, then I gave him my number. He ended up calling last Sunday and we talked for an hour. My roommate will attest that I was very nervous about the call and that we ended up talking about all the topics she suggested even though I wrote them off (... sorry V). Conversation went well. He was funny! He was a good listener! He asked good questions! At the end of the conversation he still asked me out even though I confessed that Taylor Lautner is the only reason girls watch Twilight and that I am a Harry Potter nerd!!

We texted back and forth at least a few times every day until our date which was set for today, Friday. I feel like he was pretty creative - downtown dinner at a vegan restaurant (to accommodate me, trying out being a vegan) and arcade games at Dave-N-Busters. It was a good balance of the talking time and the activity time. I imagine the details aren't that exciting so I will just go to my summary. (Except that I won more arcade games than he did and was only just a little tempted to say "Winner" to him in Courtney's - from the Bachelor - baby voice.)

Mango is great. He really is. He is super cute. I mean, for those who know me, he is button up and sweater-wearing, matching brown tennis shoes, plastic-rimmed glasses, skinny guy cute. He makes me laugh. He is smart, inquisitive, easy-going, fun, kind... He is the kind of date that I am sitting here trying to describe him and I have a smile on my face. He walked me all the way back to the Metra station, we hugged goodbye and he said, "I had fun, would love to do it again." I am not going to make any jumps here, I am hardly in a place to make any predictions, but I do know that Mango is my kind of guy and that is a good start.

Until next time,
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment