Sunday, February 5, 2012

2 Dates and a Stalker

I can tell that I (V) am not a seasoned or faithful blogger because as I sat down to write this post, I realized that I actually had no idea what I even wrote last time. I had to go back and reread my last post before beginning a new one. Now that I have updated myself, here we go...


Last weekend I had my first official, in person date. Yes, I was the last one of us to actually meet someone. No, that doesn't surprise me. I met up for coffee with Grape Juice last Saturday afternoon, and we had a nice 2ish hour chat. J has proof on her phone in the form of a text message saying only "Ahhhh" that I was pretty nervous on my way to the coffee shop. I was a little bit late, so I arrived already a tinge flustered. My frantic awkwardness only multiplied when I failed to put the cover of my coffee back on securely after adding cream and sugar and proceeded to spill coffee on the table as I sat down. Luckily, Grape Juice was prepared with a stack of napkins, so he handed me one as he mumbled, "Here you go..." An excellent start. Things got better from there, and we really did end up having good conversation once I was able to compose myself. We walked out to our cars together, and once again, my inner awkward made quite an appearance as he went in for a hug and I went in for a handshake. A handshake? Really V? I think B had a similar experience though, so that provides some consolation. Despite the few awkward moments and the fact that no 2nd date was mentioned, I left feeling pretty confident that Grape Juice would contact me again.


A few days later, I got a very nice email from Grape Juice, ending with an apology about the hug. He explained that "he is kind of a hugger, and sometimes it gets the best of him." I appreciated his acknowledgement of the awkward goodbye, allowing us to kind of forget about it and move on. Then, after a few random texts throughout the week, Grape Juice asked me out for a 2nd date. We met for dinner last night and again had a good time. We ended up staying at the restaurant for close to 4 hours and were able to laugh as well as talk about serious things. I left feeling good about the date, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 3rd. I can't say that I'm head over heels, 100% sure about anything, but I am realizing more and more that that's just not how I work. I think that it takes me a little more time to develop confident feelings about someone, but for now, I am willing to continue to get to know Grape Juice to see where it goes.


Aside from Grape Juice, I have not really been consistently communicating with anyone. However, I am STILL having a hard time shaking Milk. After my last post, I ended up telling him that I had decided to pursue other relationships so I thought it would be best if we didn't meet. He left me alone for a little while, but I got another email from him this week! It said "Hey V. I saw that your account was active so it must not have worked out with the other guys. How is school going?" Oh my word! Take a hint! Stop looking at my profile! I haven't responded, and I don't think I will. I am SO thankful I didn't meet that guy. I could have had my very own, full fledged stalker!

No comments:

Post a Comment