Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Did you die??

This is V. We are about 10 days into our online dating experience, and I have found that some days it is easy to spend an extended amount of time communicating with/searching for/discussing our potential suitors, and some days, I would rather not even log on at all. I suppose that's normal.

One particular annoyance I was discussing with J yesterday is the sort of abrupt death of communication with a particular guy. I was emailing back and forth with orange juice (pretty average, everyday kind of drink...though you end up being kind of surprised when it's gone) quite consistently. He had initiated the emailing, and we had been emailing daily for 4 or 5 days. I felt as though he seemed pretty interested. Then suddenly...it stopped. Should I attribute this to particularly busy holiday schedules? Did he meet someone else? Did he just lose interest? Did his subscription run out? Did he DIE? Then follows the internal debate. Should I email him again? For the sake of seeming not desperate do I just forget about him? I suppose I should accept that boys do this, particularly in the world of online dating. Maybe I end up sending him an email asking him if he died. Do boys like that?

In other news, I have started emailing with Swiss Miss. I winked at him and then he emailed me. We have emailed back and forth a couple of times. However, there is of course a crazy twist that only online dating can provide: J was just emailing with him last weekend (not to my knowledge). I guess he stopped replying to her on Saturday, and then I heard from him on Monday. Let's hope my next blog post isn't titled "The Brawl."

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment