Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hat and Earring

J here...As I took the train into the city with crazy jumble of nerves in my stomach, I texted a friend and said "I'm freaking out! How often do you take a train into the city to meet a random guy you just met on the Internet?" The first date is always such a gamble and I just wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. As I stepped out of the trail tunnel, I crossed the street to be greeted by Merlot. He was shorter than I expected (note to self: pay attention to the height part of the profile) and confidently sporting a bright red winter hat, shaped like a jester's hat.  He declared that he had no plans, but was excited to spend the afternoon wandering the streets of Chicago, shopping a bit and enjoying getting to know each other.  We headed to the Criskindl Market, popped in some shops, and walked along the Mag Mile. We even walked along the Chicago river walk, where unfortunately my earring popped out of my ear and fell in the river!  I couldn't believe that he didn't jump in the river to rescue it:).  After some great chatting and shopping, we got pizza at Giordano's and drinks at the Signature room in the John Hancock building.  

I was comfortable most of the date and Merlot turned out to be quite the gentleman.  He paid for dinner and opened doors.  He was concerned with my comfort and talked a lot about how he's the kind of guy who will do anything for anyone.  These qualities are all exactly what I'm looking for.  He also made me feel pretty special, complimenting me repeatedly through out the date and commenting on how I fit a lot of what he was looking for.  It was a little much for me, but I guess not too much and I think there will be a second date.  It was a lot to process for a first date, but overall it could have been much worse! Oh and he said that if we went out again, he wouldn't wear the ridiculous hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment