Sunday, December 18, 2011

Window of Opportunity

This is M. Week 1 is complete.


It is difficult to try to measure success when you are online dating. You could simply measure it in profile views, but this doesn't really indicate interest.


Or you could measure it by "winks" which is basically the weird equivalent to "pokes" on Facebook. I don't really feel like this equals success because it is about as passive as you can get when showing interest in someone.


Then there are the emails - how full is your inbox? How many messages have you exchanged? I have exchanged emails with four fellows so far and have discovered that there is a "Window of Opportunity" for asking to meet in person. For example, there are those who just break the window open and all you want to do is be able to shut it back up. This would be a case of "Cream Soda" (a drink that you think you like, but after a couple sips you just aren't sure anymore) who asked me out after I responded to his first email.  I dodged a bullet though -- the age cap saved me and he turned 31 between his first and second email. Then, there are those who probably see that the window is there and think about it a lot, but would like to get a good thorough look through it. I put "Tall Coffee" (tall, strong, and something you might want to have every day) in this category. I am pretty interested in this guy, he is sincere about his relationship with Christ. He seems creative, fun, and thoughtful. He and I have exchanged the most emails, but he hasn't really even hinted about meeting in person. And finally, I suppose there are those who get it just right. I'll give this award to "Pomegranate Margarita" (something you like, but you know probably isn't going to be good when combined with you - I am speaking as someone who is allergic to alcohol, I know it's crazy and a little unfortunate). My biggest reservation with PM is that he states he is a Christian but believes more in principles and a higher power which just doesn't jive with me.


Current Interests:
Tall Coffee: 23, White, Works for InterVarsity Student Ministry.
Pomegranate Margarita: 23, White, Works for an Office Supplies Corp.


-M

No comments:

Post a Comment