Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It has begun.

This is V. I thought that seeing as how our online dating extravaganza has been underway for 48 hours, we are due for some kind of update.


First of all, I just wanted to say that yes, the TBD behind my longest relationship is accurate. Somehow, despite some close calls, a few dates her and there, and a few broken hearts along the way (sometimes mine, sometimes others), I have managed to squeak through 24 years of life without an official boyfriend. Well, not exactly. When I was in 5th or 6th grade (I can't even remember when!), I said yes to being the girlfriend of a little blondie in my class after he "asked me out" over the phone. However, after become said girlfriend, I got too embarrassed to talk to my boyfriend, so after a few awkward days, I called it quits. Maybe we should add that to my introduction?


Anyway, the online communication has definitely commenced. I feel like I am adding new phrases to my relationship vocabulary. "We winked at each other" or "Oh...he's a no preference..." I never thought I would spend so much time typing in ridiculous usernames like sierramist4life01383109 (maybe not quite that bad) to check out some guy who winked at M or emailed J. It is interesting to already be able to see our different online styles. M has been much more serious with her communications, trying to genuinely get to know the guys she has some interest in. Meanwhile, I am making stupid jokes, hoping that they will appreciate a sense of humor and not get scared away by the ridiculous things I type. I figure that I might as well find out right away if they are going to be able to take it or not, right? All that being said, I do already have a first date lined up, but not until early January when I get back from Christmas break. I have also emailed a couple of times with another guy. More about them later. For now, let the perusing continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment