Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Am I coming on too strong?

I (J) have given this online dating world a chance before.  For three years it has served as my winter hobby, providing me with a few good meals, some great stories, but never anything beyond a 3rd date.  As I jumped in this year I had zero expectations, hoping for another winter of a few meals, dates, and some great stories for the blog.  This has not happened.  I have stumbled upon a man that is intent in pursuing me.  He reminds me that he likes me with his words and his kisses.  He is intent on communicating daily. He is ready to be emotionally vulnerable and invest into a friendship, possible relationship, 100%.  This is what a girl dreams of, right?  A man that knows what he wants and sets out to pursue it!  I find this attractive, however have also found myself extremely hesitant.  I am not ready and when Merlot asked me “Am I coming on too strong?” I responded without hesitation, yes!  He is understanding and is ready to give me the pace at which I want to go.  I have found myself learning to be honest, open, while trying to stop thinking and just have fun.  We’ve had 3 good dates with fourth on the horizon, here’s to stopping the overthinking and starting to just have fun!

On another note I received an email today that gave me a good laugh.  I have been emailing sporadically with Milkshake.  We haven’t talked about much, however he was quick to ask for a date.  I agreed to meet up for coffee or something low key and gave him some times that would work for me.  He responded to solidify the date, but also provided me with one caveat.  “I should probably let you know that I’ve been looking for a new profile picture, I’m not in that good of shape anymore.”  Now, I appreciate the honesty, but my skepticism makes me think that he’s now just fat and ugly!  I’m on the fence about pursuing it further, vamos a ver.  

No comments:

Post a Comment