Monday, January 9, 2012

Testing the Temperature

Last week I debated a lot about whether or not I would head out on date #2 with Merlot, based primarily on the texts exchanged the previous weekend. We chatted on the phone briefly, exchanged a few texts through out the week and by the time Saturday rolled around I was convinced I would not go out with him.  I wanted to let him know and so when he called on Saturday afternoon, I stumbled over my words, bumbling along, trying to express my thoughts.  I wanted him to understand that I didn’t like that he called me a prude and was not convinced that we had similar priorities with dating.  He was receptive, although taken off guard by what I had to say.  We had a good conversation and it turns out I was jumping the gun a bit.  In the end he convinced me to give him a second chance.  

So, Sunday afternoon we met for lunch.  I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was willing to give it a go.  We had a great afternoon.  We ate lunch, chatted, walked, and explored downtown Downer’s Grove.   Now, I know that I signed up to give online dating a chance, but I’m finding that I’m being very cautious.  Merlot is a headfirst diver when it comes to dating.  I slowly stick my toes in the water, testing the temperature and deciding whether or not I want to go swimming.  We had a lot of good conversation about this and other important aspects of dating.  I’m learning that, in my inexperience, I have to let it happen.  So, I’m going to let it happen and we’ll see where it takes me.  Date # 3 is set, let the adventure continue...

J  

No comments:

Post a Comment