Sunday, January 22, 2012

Breaking the Rules

It has again been awhile since I (V) have posted. My apologies. I have been in a little bit of a transition period, allowing some communications to die as a couple of others have started.

The beginning of the end with Milk was when he asked me out for coffee. I was not exactly pumped about meeting this guy in person, so I decided to set the date for a weekday when I had an evening commitment at 7:00, only allowing for a maximum of 90 minutes of awkward coffee shop chatting. I knew that the weather was not supposed to be great on that day, so I had considered canceling, but I really just wanted to push through and get it over with (exactly how you would hope to feel before a date...). Well, the day of the date arrived, and as I weighed my options, I got a text from Milk asking if we could reschedule. Whew. Decision made. We rescheduled for Saturday afternoon at the same place. I was glad that the date wasn't too far away so that my dread would be short lived. Saturday morning arrived, and yet again, I got another text from Milk, asking if we could cancel. He told me that his mom was coming into town to "help him with some paper work and filling." (???) Alright. Fill away. I told him not to sweat it, and I had fleeting thoughts that he was using his mother as an excuse not to meet with me. Fine by me. I was kind of hoping the whole thing would be over, but after waiting for a few days, he started texting me again. While I am aware of the rules, and I'm sure one date would not be that horrible, I have decided to cut this one off. I just cannot bring myself to meet this guy. Rules are meant to be broken anyway, right?

While my communication with Milk has been less than thrilling, I have started emailing with 2 new guys, both with their own potential.

Lemonade is from Minnesota, which I have to admit, I really like. Nothing like a good Minnesota boy. He actually grew up very close to where I did. He seems to be a really thoughtful person, and we have had pretty interesting emails thus far. He lives in the city and is working for a web design company.

Grape Juice is my other new communicant. He is from this area, is finishing up his last semester of seminary, and seems to be a really great guy overall. He has done a lot of work with high school youth groups in the area, and he seems to have a good sense of humor. Definite potential.

Well, there you have it. The online dating experience continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment