Thursday, January 26, 2012

awkward goodbyes in parking lots

B here. Well, it has been way too long and is time for an update from me. In the last post, these are the guys I mentioned and their current status:

Milk - a few emails, no sparks, kind of fizzled out

Apple Cider - one phone call, went pretty well, I thought we connected over an enjoyment of fun games, but never heard from him again. 

Mt. Dew (aka "Pizza man," since he began the "relationship" by ordering some pizza). I asked him over email to explain why his faith section on his profile said "I'll tell you later." He responded by saying he just felt it was something that couldn't be explained in a few short sentences...apparently it is not worth even trying? He continues to text me occasionally, saying things like "Hi B," or "How is your day going?" I usually don't respond. One time, I did, saying I was at a friend's house. He responded that he thought that night was a night we could have hung out. It was about 9:45 pm on a Tuesday so I told him I hoped he didn't still mean that night. He responded that he would be up for it but didn't want me to blow off my friends. When I didn't respond, he asked me where my friend's house was. At 10:30 pm I just said, sorry, I need to get home, it is a school night. 
I'm not interested in him so I suppose I should just tell him that.

Most promising right now is organic coffee. (He is in the coffee business.) We went out for drinks almost two weeks ago, met up at 8pm and stayed at the bar talking until after 1am. Clearly, he was very easy to talk to and be around. I am not totally sure if an attraction is there or not. There was absolutely no touching....which made for a somewhat awkward goodbye in the parking lot. I am interested, though, and we talked on the phone a couple of times and now are going on another date on Sat. We are going to see a roller derby match! I think this will be a fun activity to do and definitely something I haven't done before.

I did go out for drinks with one other guy two nights ago. We'll call him Miller. We made it through nearly 2 hours of conversation but I definitely had to stretch for things to ask him/talk about. I ended up talking about my travels a lot, even though he hasn't really had any similar experiences, but I could at least come up with some interesting stories. He just emailed me now and asked how my week is going, so I suppose I should respond. He seems like a nice guy....just boring? And I'm not sure we have much in common. In the parking lot, it is possible he might have been leaning for a kiss on the cheek, but I was going for a hug.  Awkward.

Finally, just to show the weirdness of Match, there was a guy, I'll just call him R because I'm not going to waste my time thinking of a creative name for him. Anyway, he initiated a connection with a wink  and I winked back. He then emailed me "Hello! How are you? Thanks for the wink. How is your day going?" A day or two later, but before I responded, I got a form response from Match saying "Thanks, but no thanks....R is not interested."  Ok, no problem....but he is the one who found me, winked at me, and emailed me!  I did note that in his ideal match, tats and piercings were a big plus, so I'm not to worried by this rejection. But still.

No comments:

Post a Comment