Monday, January 2, 2012

To Text or Not To Text

I (J) have been called out on the fact that I haven’t been blogging faithfully, or completely honestly. So, in the art of full disclosure, I must update you all on Merlot.   Before I give the complete story, I must be honest on a few more details from that romantic day in the streets of Chicago.  Merlot held my hand, stole his first kiss while window shopping in Crate & Barrel, and we even made out a bit by the end of night. And yes, I did kiss him back.   

I have been in communication with him over the last 10 days.  Merlot told me early on that he didn’t like texting, however, my holiday schedule did not allow for much chatting on the phone.  So, we exchanged flirtatious texts through out the course of the week, chatting about our time with family and other random things.  On Friday I had the chance to go to a wedding with some great friends.  On the drive from the wedding to the reception, I was texting briefly with Merlot.  My friends and I were excited about the open bar at the reception and so I jokingly texted saying “I apologize in advance if I drunk dial you tonight:)” Our text conversation continued as follows:
Merlot: Oh fun I don’t mind if you are forewarned of the same.
J: Excellent
Merlot: You just text spanked me!;)
At this point, I was surprised, confused, and frankly, didn’t know what a text spank was so I didn’t respond right away.  After surveying my table at the reception, the conversation continued.
J: Was that a drunk text?
Merlot: No but they will start being soon...:D
A few more hours passed.
Merlot: God yer hot...
J: I’m sexy and I know it!! (Side note: I was not drunk, or even the least bit buzzed, I just had a really fun LMFAO song in my head!)
Merlot: Yea you are... You strike me as a bit of a prude
And it was at this point that I turned my phone off and went to sleep.  Now these text pose a few questions.
1. What is a text spank?
2. Am I a prude because I didn’t text spank him back?
3. Should you engage in texting (drunk or not) while getting to know someone from an internet dating site?  
The next day, after he told me that he was feeling just fine, which in my mind implied that he wasn’t drunk the night before, he continued on his texting journey to ask me “Do you want to meet up late tonight?”  I believe that I may have just received my first booty call!  All this texting has opened my eyes to a little bit more of who Merlot is, and needless to say, it isn’t impressing me.  He has asked me on a second date and I’m tentative about going.  We will see where this week takes me, although at this point, I’m leaning towards following my gut (and the advice of many friends) and not continuing on with Merlot.

No comments:

Post a Comment