Sunday, January 1, 2012

Numbers Game

It's B again. So, not only is it a little strange to try to meet someone online, I am also finding the idea of "getting to know you" via texting to be strange. No, I haven't given my number out to anyone else, but I have had several guys give me their number, which I then haven't done anything with. Maybe it is because I have never been the type of person to quickly give out my number at bars or anything that this immediate flooding of numbers seems so strange to me.  Most of the guys that try to communicate with me and want me to call/text them are not actually very communicative in the match emails, but give just a line or two:
"This is M. Just breaking the ice here. Here's my number."
"I hate stupid match.com. text me." (Couldn't make talking with you any more appealing than that, right?)
Another guy gave me his number immediately and when I didn't respond, 5 days later he asked if I would date someone shorter than me if he said my smile was golden.


Maybe if I was really interested in a guy this wouldn't seem so weird, but of all the guys that have contacted me, I am not really intrigued/interested in many. I guess it is good that I kind of learned my lesson from the texts from Mt. Dew to be more careful with communicating by phone. To update the Mt. Dew situation, he has texted me more, I respond to maybe 1/4 of them, but now he just left a message. When I just looked at his profile again, I noticed/remembered that his faith information is "I'll tell you later," so I think I'm going to ask him about that in a match email rather than calling him back. Is that chickening out??


Of the guys that have been communicating with me via the match email that seem ok, one is "milk," in that he seems pretty normal, close with his family, seems to value his faith and is conservative.  Another is "apple cider," who also seems quite conservative but caught my eye with a very sarcastic and funny profile. We have emailed a few times and when I made a joke about something he referred to in his profile and asked him what kind of superpower he would like to have, he turned it into a more serious discussion about all the things God has given us and how we need to help others with what we have been given. Hmm.
Other than those maybes, I am still waiting for a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment