Tuesday, January 3, 2012

FWB-Excuse me, what?!

This is V. So sorry for the recent silence. I took a bit of a hiatus over the holidays. To be quite honest, I have lost a good chunk of interest in online dating, but in light of "giving it a (fair) chance," I am plowing ahead. So, here goes the update.

Milk has really been around since the beginning. He winked, emailed, and chatted with me all within the first 24 hours of my subscription. He is 30, which is a little on the old side for me, but he seemed like a pretty normal, nice guy. Since then, he has turned SOUR. Maybe I spook too easily, but this guy is just too much. He will email me one day asking how I am and then, regardless of the fact that I haven't responded, email me again the next day. And the next. And the next. When we first chatted, I told him that we could probably meet up sometime after the holidays, and he has succeeded in reminding me of how exciting he is to meet me approximately 20938724 times. "I can't wait to meet up." Next day: "Looking forward to meeting you." Next day: "So excited to see you soon." Ok, I have been accused of being a bit of an exaggerator in the past, and I may be a bit guilty of that, but you get the idea. Too much. I suppose I will probably give him 1 date, but unfortunately, my mind is pretty much already made up about this guy. 

Orange Juice (OJ) has come back from the dead. I guess he took a little hiatus of his own, but we have again been emailing consistently for the past week or so. He is definitely a slow mover and shaker, but I guess I don't mind that in comparison with Milk. His boldest move so far has been to ask me if he can friend me on Facebook. That's right ladies and gentlemen; we are officially Facebook friends. Our senses of humor seem to be pretty similar which is definitely a good thing in my book. We will see if OJ ever bucks up and asks me on a date. Definite potential.

Swiss Miss flaked out on me after a couple emails. I guess J and I can continue to be friends.

Alright, now to the shock I received this afternoon, inspiring the title to this post. Here is an email I got from a 45 year old, and I quote:
"Are you interested in a discreet FWB relationship with a married man?"
After a few seconds of staring at my computer screen with squinting eyes and my mouth hanging open, I realized the FWB to mean "friends with benefits." Ummm...I will neither be your friend nor engage in any sort of "benefits." Sad. Watch out for the creepers out there everyone. I have blocked this guy from contacting me, but I am pretty confident that he is not the only one out there. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment